- We believe that it is the responsibility of the pastor-teacher to equip the saints to do the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4:12) and to “preach the Word” (2 Timothy 4:2). Consequently, we teach the Word of God verse by verse in our services.
- The local church is an important component for us to mature as believers. By becoming involved in the local church we are able to mature as we learn from one another, love one another, and serve one another (Ephesians 4:11-16).
- As the early church met together to remember the Lord, they also clearly met together to encourage, teach, admonish and inform one another.
- Together we seek to honor our Lord as we encourage one another to maturity, through love, and good deeds (Hebrews 10:24-25).
- A disciple is a student and a follower of Jesus Christ that is committed to becoming more like Him through obeying, serving, loving, teaching, and sharing with others.
- We want everyone at South River Bible Church to be equipped so they can be mature disciples who mentor others and share their faith with people God has placed around them.
In the last few years some families have come to recognize the importance of families worshipping together. We have been an integrated church since our beginning in 1975.
- We encourage families to worship together.
- We have a nursery for those under the age of two, but we do not require families to put their babies in the nursery. It is only provided for those who feel they need it.
- We take a strong position on the leadership of men in the home and the church.
- An outline and questions are provided for the children to help them follow the message.
- Fathers are encouraged to go over the passage with their families before and after the message.